Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Etsy BeadWeaver Challenge

My Etsy shop profile says it best: I would never dreamed I would become a beader until a friend introduced me to bead weaving a couple of years back. To put beads on a string in single file did not stir up my creative side, but give me beads to weave together . . . kind of like my other two loves - perennial gardening and quilting . . .  and my mind takes off into many ways to combine shapes, sizes and colors to see what the end result will be!




Pinned Image
Etsy Shop SpringColors
http://www.etsy.com/listing/89974787/rivoli-beadwoven-bracelet-unique-beaded


Last month I took the exciting step of joining the Etsy Beadweavers Team. I feel very honored to be a part of this team of bead artists. Some of the jewelry items created are beyond belief - and when they say it takes hundreds of hours, I believe them. A few of my projects have taken 80+ and I enjoyed every moment.













The public is invited once a month to vote on the Etsy Beadweavers Team Challenge. Items made for the Challenge must not be made from a pattern or be a copy but must be an original.  This month the theme is "Seed Beads Only".  I invite you to take a look and vote on this outstanding group of entries:



Go to:  http://etsy-beadweavers.blogspot.com/

Pinned Image
Etsy Shop LaPerLaA
http://www.etsy.com/listing/75862296/sea-kite-bracelet-by-the-italian-amalfi
Scroll down a bit to see the block of entries.  If you have time, it is worth it to click on each one which will give you more information.  Many are highly original pieces and the artist will describe in fascinating detail the process that brought it about.










Then vote for your favorite - that's all you have to do. You can use whatever criteria you like - it's beautiful, it's meaningful, you like the way the artist  describes it, etc., etc. You get to be the judge.



Etsy shop DeDealanDesigns
http://www.etsy.com/listing/42709673/the-navajo-bead-woven-jasper-and






The winner has the honor of knowing their piece was seen by many people outside the team and the Etsy Beadweaver Team gets recognition for their art.






Etsy Shop KrisDesignFSP
http://www.etsy.com/listing/84968125/totally-twisted-necklace-winner-of-the
Team members also vote on the same items in an internal election. The winner of the April election chooses the theme for the June Challenge.















Etsy Shop crimsonfrog
http://www.etsy.com/listing/96214355/reserved-for-ann-spring-bead-embroidery



























Etsy shop LostAloha won the March Challenge with this bracelet: 

Etsy shop LostAloha
on vacation until April 13
http://www.etsy.com/shop/lostaloha





Right now I am working on the May Challenge, which is "Nautical Inspired".  I have already put in many many hours and am really looking forward how it will come together! Very exciting.





Pinned Image
Etsy Shop notsoplainbyjane
http://www.etsy.com/listing/71489068/spring-is-coming-beaded-bottle


All items pictured on this post are from the Etsy Beadweavers Team; none of them are in the April Challenge so be sure to visit and vote!!


Enjoy!!










10 comments:

  1. Wow! These are beautiful! What great bead work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they are gorgeous! What a talented team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so beautiful...I found myself saying WoW at each picture. I really want to see what your project looks like! Please post when it is done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow some really intricate designs here, lovely work from your team. Blessings Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've reminded me to get started on my Nautical piece! lol

    You do such amazing work, as do all of the members of this fabulous team. So glad you decided to join!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now.............these people are talented.!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog! Thank you for posting the link in the etsy beadweaver's team weekly chat so I and others could find it. I love being a member of the ebw team, too! Glad to have you with us. Please post again on the weekly thread chat so I can find you again. I have subscribed to blogs, but I think I'm doing something wrong because my subscriptions never let me know when there are new posts.
    Hugs,
    Nina C. Dillmann (ArtMasquerading on Etsy)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each picture shocked me more than the one before it. So many amazing artists!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Luella, Thank You so much for featuring my Spring cuff on your blog. Great blog by the way, will follow:))) Thanks, Kinga

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for featuring my "SEA KITE BRACELET" among this gorgeous creations from skilled artisan!

    ReplyDelete