Saturday, June 15, 2013

My Soft Vintage Green Pearls

A lovely tint of soft green attracted me to these vintage pearls.  They were sitting in the compartment of a prior beader's stash.  She wanted me to have them - her hands given way to the way of the years.

My first thought was a strand.

But as I looked at my stash, green is my favorite color and many options opened for duo combinations and so began my Vintage Green Series of earrings:












PEARL with Fern Green Swarovki bicone - a bright punch of green for a fine Spring or Christmas morning.

















 
PEARL with a beautiful mottled transparent green faceted round bead - a look into the beginning of aquatic life or a muddled Mojito!









. . . joined with a muddle in 3-D diamond (bicone) form, PEARL brings soft roundness.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My recent favorite vintage finds - together!  Love the bumpy brown surface, although somewhat marred by time with the soft PEARL- reminds me of melting late snow clinging to spring moss on a fallen fir branch.  Beautiful!
 
 
 

 

 
PEARL with Swarovski Black Diamonds, swinging on Post or Earwires, ready for a good time.  Neutrals joining in a happy duo!
 
 
 
 
 
    . . . finding a pearl of great price . . .
Mathew 13:46
 


12 comments:

  1. Hi Luella! Lovely, lovely earrings! So happy to hear from you and happy to see you blogging again. I have missed your posts and comments. Hope all is well and your husband is fully recovered from his surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi AnnMarie:

      We had another hurdle thrown up at us in November - an aneuyrism in his other leg. This February we joined a fitness center because he was so out of condition - the 'spinning' has really strengthened his legs and given him back his stamina. He went golfing last week, something he hasn't done in a couple years - and which he did at least once a week before that!

      We have much to be grateful for.

      Thanks so much for your kind words.

      It's so good to hear of your good recovery

      Luella

      Delete
  2. I wondered if you had some kind of platform for online social expression, I guess I just didn't know where to look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Dear nephew, you found me. Hope you like - - - some of my blogs I think you would enjoy a great deal - they aren't all about jewelry, you know. :))

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you're making those beautiful green pearls last. Love the combos you chose, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear your husband is doing better! One day at a time.....that's what I keep telling myself! Give my best to him....I so sympathize!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luella I saw you on Annemarie's blog. I just wanted to say hello and I miss seeing your posts.

    Sorry about your hubby's health issues. Glad he is getting active again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mechelle:

      Thank you for your kind words. I hope to be able to keep with the Blog Blitz and some of my favorite reading. Your blogs are always beautiful, positive and uplifting.

      Luella

      Delete
  6. Wow... I never realized such careful consideration for balance and aesthetic went into creating jewelry... they really ARE works of art! I love the way you describe your pieces... fantastic! And that scripture is the ideal addition ;) Wonderful post! Glad you're back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer, for the encouragement and kind words. I'm always amazed at your blogs and your art. I hope to keep in the mix with the Castteam Blog Blitz at least.

      Delete
  7. Those are so gorgeous! I especially love the 2nd and 3rd pairs. Love the white dishes in the background, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely variations, very pretty. Blessings Niki x

    ReplyDelete