Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I Love NY

You probably are thinking that this blog is about New York or New York City. That would be the assumption I would make from a title like this.

One day recently I found this phrase on my 10 year old granddaughter's top and commented about it, asking her how she could love New York if she had never been there.  (She's been many places including internationally but never been to New York.)

Custom NY city poster, Custom New York city print, I love you, I love New York City, Valentine day 16x23 by OrangeOptimist
Juri Romanov of Orange Optimist
http://www.etsy.com/listing/98098863/custom-ny-city-poster-custom-new-york


At which time. . .


she informed me that 'NY' didn't have to mean New York.  "Nana, NY could be anything that starts with NY!!




And . .

she continued by informing me about other things it could mean. 









We were making cookies and were at the standing-around-waiting-for-them-to-bake point, when this conversation started.  Anna is a list maker so after batting a few NY phrases around, she washed her hands, got out pencil and paper and started writing them all down.



The list is now on my 'this n' that' board.








 

 







NY List:


New York (but, of course)



New Years



Neat Yards



Neon Yellow


Night Yawns



No Yelling



Nifty Yo-yo's



Next Year



Nerdy Yarn




I Love NY Dog Painting (24X30cm)
Jeroen Teunen of blackspecs
http://www.etsy.com/listing/71927853/i-love-ny-dog-painting-24x30cm

Naughty Yorkies (she loves dogs - has an encyclopedia of dogs so heavy I can hardly lift it)





North Yellowstone (a favorite vacation spot)





Nine Yellowjackets









Nasty Yams (hum, I wonder what she could mean here :))



Nifty Yachts



Newfoundland Yelps



No Yes (love this)



Norwegian Youngsters (what can I say, she is an only child)



Native Youth



Nice Yacks (I think she meant Yaks, but I have had some pretty nice ones of this kind on the phone.)


BEACH BABES IV, an original oil painting, inspired by Martha's Vineyard scene
Judi Sunday of JudisArtwork
http://www.etsy.com/listing/88127173/beach-babes-iv-an-original-oil-painting



 

Nice You



Nutella Yearround



Natural Yards



Nascar Yesterday (daddy is a big fan)



Nothing Yucky


____________________________________________________________________




Original, quirky, and vibrant abstract paintings
Meghan Narayan of mnarayan Etsy shop
http://www.etsy.com/listing/91769161/original-quirky-and-vibrant-abstract


And there you have it!  Next time you think someone loves New York, they may secretly be checking out your yard or just love that big bright round yellow thing that sometimes appears in the daytime sky!!









Subway Art - City or State Custom Artwork New York 8 X 10 Matted
Nancy at DoodleGraphics
http://www.etsy.com/listing/76617490/subway-art-city-or-state-custom-artwork




I added this item just for me. It's tagged 'New York City' and I think it is one of the the prettiest photos I have ever seen!

Gown Reflections Blank Greeting Card
Sue Anderson of MYSAVIOR
http://www.etsy.com/listing/58971574/gown-reflections-blank-greeting-card


This blog is written for the Etsy Christian Artists Street Team (Castteam) Mid-Week Blog Blitz.  See http://www.etsy.com/teams/6326/christian-artists-street-team-cast/discuss/10306041/ for other blog contributors.





16 comments:

  1. We love NY too: ) My husband is from there: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the list. Great mind she has :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 10 years old! :)

    I believe my fave from the list would have to be "Night Yawns"... it just has a kind of "feel" to it. Ask her if I may write a poem and title it that, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll ask her, Aloquin. In any case :), I want to see your poem!!

      Delete
  4. What a creative mind - Love the lists - sounds like the makings of some great etsy treasuries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! :) I know a few 'naughty Yorkies,' and that picture you found is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO CUTE!!! I love NY too! It is where I am from. I won't beable to be so narrow minded about what I love NY means anymore when I see it wherever I go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this post!! How creative! "no Yelling" had me laughing . .lol Hmmm what about Not Yet? ;) great post . .thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so creative, she has a very talented mind. This would make a great children's book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea! Someone talented in this area should do it!! 'inspired' or 'dedicated to Anna'. :)

      Delete
  9. Hehe...I love how your granddaughter's mind works!! Lots of great NYs to love! And I agree about Sue's photo...it is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool!! I enjoyed this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very inventive granddaughter - but you already know that. I love the SueA's picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visiting by way of Cynthia's blog. I like that your granddaughter is an out of the box thinker.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally loved this post - Thank you so so much!

    I love the imaginations of youth!

    ♥♥♥
    Sue

    ReplyDelete