Wednesday, August 29, 2012

In the Pink

I'm working hard to regain momentum with my jewelry making.  Keeping home, yard and farm chores together with the absence of my husband's able bodied help has truly been much more time consuming than I thought.  He is not 100% yet,  about 70% of the way back.  If you are in one of my Etsy Teams or a follower of my Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest, you'll should be noticing a great deal more traffic in the days to come

I've finished three new projects.  Although different from each other, they are all three in the pink range.



https://www.etsy.com/listing/107482511/beadwoven-crab-charm-or-pendant

When I finished my Nautical Peyote Charm Bracelet, I promised myself I would make some of the elements in it into separate charms.  My first charm is finished and for sale - the crab.  I am quite happy with the result.  The legs are independent of one another yet maintain their positions.  My biggest hurdle was to figure out where to put the sterling silver closed jumpring.  Included is an silver bail which may be exchanged for a silver jumpring, both large enough to accommodate a fairly substantial chain. 












https://www.etsy.com/listing/107481641/pink-beadwoven-necklace-peyote-stitiched

Secondly, I finished another peyote v-necklace.  I have to laugh because the delica beads I chose for this necklace are called "Light Topaz/Soft Rose" and in the tube they look dark rose with a slight cinnabar or rust tone.   But the necklace turned out decidedly pink and has a lighter peachy pink accent bead running up the borders.  Beads when they are strung can look so different from what they look like in a container - which can sometimes result in a not so happy surprise for a mono-color project.  Although this is different from what I expected, I think it turned out quite nicely.  It looks great with everything in the neutral and pink peach range.  I also like the way it looks with the lavender/peach/ tan/terracotta scarf I chose to pair it with in photos.  Elegant don't you think.












https://www.etsy.com/listing/107482279/champagne-pearl-necklace-and-earring-set
My third is the first of a new jewelry line I am starting for my elsielight online store.  I needed to learn how to knot pearls in order to fulfill one of my special order requests.  So I took a class and made myself two knotted pearl necklaces.  Then decided it would be great fun to do a few for the shop and see how they go.  This first one is made with 8mm champagne glass pearls.  I made very traditional style two pearl dangle earrings to go with.

I plan to make several more, using freshwater as well and glass pearls - it will be a lot of fun to add this new section to my online shop and make them for family and friends!!








Thank you for looking!







2 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! And so much work and love put into them. I hope they are well received in your shop!

    ReplyDelete